POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Helplessness towards Pov-Team : Re: Helplessness towards Pov-Team Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Helplessness towards Pov-Team
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 9 Aug 2004 15:49:55
Message: <Xns9540DE8AA8EF3raf256com@203.29.75.35>
new### [at] deletethispovrayorg news:4117d2ba@news.povray.org

> Incidentally if a request needs to be handled urgently you ought to say
> so in the email. Your email made no reference to a deadline.

Sorry about that and thank You very much, I will reply to email right-now.

PovRAY is important part of program, but on the other hand any 3d renderer
can be oused, and 90% of work in program is done in top-to-down view
editing 2D floor plans (in editor that I will write in C++), one of options
of program will be to save plans in some formats, -OR- to dump all data to
a 3D format, including .pov'ray and call povray renderer then to make nice
visualiztion of work effects.

I realy would love to use povray, since I know it best.

PovRAY *output* (renders) will also be used in program (but for that we
don't need agreement AFAIK).

80% of program is that 2D editor, perhaps with some small wire-frame-3d
preview (openGL maybe). Then results can be saved to .bmp etc, perhaps to
some vector 2d format, and hopefully to .pov.

I will cleryfie in email.

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/